From time to time, in an effort to assist Chapter members, or MOAA members who are contemplating relocating to New Hampshire, we will provide listings of employment opportunities in the state as we receive them.
THERE ARE NO EMPLOYMENT LISTINGS CURRENTLY
HERO 2 HIRED (H2H)
Everything you need to find a job. Start now.
H2H isn't just another job site. They are a Yellow Ribbon-funded project with a special mission: to THANK YOU for your service by helping you find your perfect career.
They know that searching for a new job is a big undertaking. H2H was created to make it easy for Reserve Component service members to connect to and find jobs with military-friendly companies who are looking for employees with your training and skills. Visit their web site at www.H2H.jobs
DOD LAUNCHES ONLINE CAREER TRANSITION TRAINING
FOR SERVICE MEMBERS
The Department of Defense announced the launch of an online Career Decision Toolkit that will allow service members to self assess transition needs and thoroughly explore an array of transition related subjects such as: career exploration, financial planning for transition, job search success, effective resumes and cover letters, interviewing excellence, and negotiating your ideal compensation.
"The toolkit is customized to a service member's own transition needs and assists them in cataloguing their military skills and experience in a way that helps them effectively communicate their skills to prospective employers," said John R. Campbell, deputy assistant secretary of defense for wounded warrior care and transition policy.
The online toolkit will deliver 24-hour global access to career transition training to service members who are not geographically able to attend Transition Assistance Program (TAP) classes traditionally offered at military installations. The toolkit's online launch also marks the second phase of a major redesign of the Defense Department's main career transition website, and a cornerstone of the transformation of TAP into a blended delivery model that takes advantage of online resources, as well as a virtual classroom settings and platforms to enhance the traditional "brick and mortar" TAP experience that most service members receive.
Originally released in compact disc format last August, the Career Decision Toolkit was developed by the DoD's Office of Wounded Warrior Care and Transition Policy in collaboration with Departments of Veterans Affairs and Labor to assist separating, demobilizing, retiring and wounded service members, and their families, to effectively navigate their course to civilian employment and educational opportunities.
For more information on the online Career Decision Toolkit, visit http://www.turbotap.org or contact Office of Wounded Warrior Care and Transition Policy at 703-428-7649 or email@example.com.
OPM LAUNCHES NEW VETERANS HIRING WEB SITE
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management has launched the first of its kind Government-wide Veterans Employment Website. This website is a component of the Federal Government's strategy for the recruitment and employment of Veterans. In partnership with the Departments of Defense, Labor, Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, and other Federal agencies, the vision is that this Website will be the preeminent source for Federal employment information for our Veterans, transitioning service members, their families, Federal HR professionals and hiring managers. The goal is to provide consistent and accurate information and useful training and other resources in a way that will inform both the applicant and the hiring agency.
TROOPS -TO -TEACHERS (TTT) PROGRAM
Chapter member CAPT Gary Lovgren, USN (Ret.) is the New Hampshire Counselor for the Troops-To-Teachers Program. Learn more about this important program in the attached article.
TRANSITION ASSISTANCE SEMINARS
Chapter member - Jim LeFebvre has updated his series of Transition Assistance Seminars to help our members tackle the sometimes difficult task of transitioning to the civilian workforce.
His first series on Preparing a Resume is broken down into two articles: Writing An Effective Resume - Preparation Is The Key and Resume Writing - Not "Rocket Science".
His second lesson is titled Searching For Employment Requires Time And Organization .
He has also added CAREER SEARCH BIBLIOGRAPHY that contains many useful references.
He has now added three samples of different types of resumes and a sample of a Professional Services Agreement:
ARMY CAREER AND ALUMNI PROGRAM
Jim LeFebvre has received permission to include the slide show presentation here that he developed for the Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) while he was working at the Fort Myer ACAP Center.
WEBSITES FOR RETIREES AND PERSONS OVER 50
The following sites specialize in retirees and persons
over 50. Jim
LeFebvre has included a brief description of the site and
the URL. Please remember that all officers who are members of MOAA
are entitled to use The Officer Placement system sponsored by MOAA. If
you use any of the sites listed below, please let him know if they were
useful to you, as he is continually looking for ways to enhance job search
tools for MOAA-NH clients.
1. Your Encore helps Fortune 500 firms find retired engineers and scientists to meet a surge requirement or a temporary need. Website: www.yourencore.com
2. Boomer Career.com focuses on Baby boomers (born between 1946 and 1964) search for job listings and post resumes on line. Website: www.boomercareer.com
3. Retired Brains.com provides older workers with a resource to help them find volunteer opportunities, paid positions, educational assistance and general retirement information. Website: www.retiredbrains.com
4. Senior Job Bank is a site that focuses on age 50 and above job seekers. The site allows you to search for jobs by category, industry or location. Additionally users can post resumes and register for a job search agent. Website: http://www.seniorbank.org
5. Retirement Jobs.com has over 30,000 jobs nationwide from firms that are specifically searching for candidates over the age of 50. Website: www.retirementjobs.com
6. Seniors 4 Hire is a nationwide online career center and job bank that has current openings with firms that are actively recruiting the 50+ population. Targeted career resources and articles focused on older workers are also included. Website: www.seniors4hire.org
7. Retirement Jobs Online provides advice about online retirement jobs, and assists retirees evaluate the ways of using the Internet to find a new career. Website: www.retirement-jobs-online.com
Further subjects will be covered in future series of articles so be sure to check back periodically to see what's new!
Hot Items | Contacts
| TRICARE | Program
Notes | Chapter News | Membership
E-Mail Addresses | Newsletter | Group Travel | Transition Assistance | Odds and Ends