The State Veterans Advisory Committee (SVAC) was created by statutes RSA 115-A:2 and 115-A:8. It serves as an advisory body to the State Veterans Council, NH House of Representatives, NH Senate, the NH Governor and Council on issues affecting New Hampshire veterans. 
The SVAC proposes legislation, reviews and comments on proposed legislation, monitors the status of veterans in New Hampshire, solicits publicity regarding veterans’ issues, and provides recommendations to the NH Legislature.

Membership on the SVAC includes the American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, Military Order of Purple Heart, Reserve Officers Association, The Retired Enlisted Association, Military Officers Association of America, Air Force Association of New Hampshire, and the National Guard Association of New Hampshire.

If any MOAA Chapter member has an item that they want the SVAC to address, please contact President John Graham, who serves as the primary representative for MOAA on the SVAC, or Paul Bernard who serves as the alternate MOAA representative.


NH Veterans Home
The New Hampshire Veterans Home (“NHVH”) has been a residential health care provider for Granite State veterans since 1890. Today, the 250-person facility provides continuing care for the physical, emotional and cognitive changes that our Residents experience as part of the overall aging process. NHVH offers a full range of residential, medical and nursing care.  NHVH has formalized agreements with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and local hospitals for inpatient hospitalization and specialized outpatient care. Health care services include pharmacy, dentistry, podiatry and optometry.  The Life Enhancement Dementia Unit is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to addressing the unique needs of Residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairment disorders.  Admission criteria are: (1) Ninety (90) days of active duty service during a period of war (as defined by Title 38 US Code Section 101) and honorably discharged; (2) Residency within the State of New Hampshire for one (1) year prior to application; and (3) Financial Certification.

The NHVH accepts donations, which are tax deductible.  If you would like to make a donation, please make checks payable to "NHVH Benefit Fund" and mail to New Hampshire Veterans Home, PO Box 229, Tilton, NH 03276.


Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4